The Friends of the Hampshire County Youth Orchestra assist in the musical education of students at schools and colleges in Hampshire by providing financial support to:
- Hampshire County Youth Orchestra
- Hampshire County Youth Chamber Orchestra
- Hampshire County Youth String Orchestra
- HYPE – Hampshire County Youth Percussion Ensemble
The Friends support:
- The annual residential training course at Bryanston
- Concerts in Hampshire and overseas concert tours
- Purchase and repair of instruments
- Purchase of concert dresses
- Commissioning of new works
- Hire of professional soloists
- Bursaries for musicians, ensuring that access is open to all
The Friends of the Hampshire County Youth Orchestra is a registered charity (No. 270998) and is run by the trustees and a committee of volunteers in line with the constitution. For details of how you can assist with fundraising and donations, please click here.
The Friends meeting schedule can be read here.
We are proud to have as our patron, David Owen Norris MA FRAM FRCO.
For further details, please contact our Chair, Rachel Al-Azzawi – email@example.com