1. Fundraising for Bryanston 2014
With a very successful and festive season of music-making and fundraising behind us, we are now looking forward to the spring, and to Bryanston in particular. As many of you will know, the final day at Bryanston is a wonderful opportunity to enjoy the musical delights at the end of a week of really hard work by the children and their musical directors. It’s also one of our most important fundraising opportunities. Typical fundraising activities in past years have included luxury hamper raffles, tombolas (gifts), sales of merchandise & CDs and an auction of promises.
At this stage, it would be fantastic if you could support the fundrasing at Bryanston in one of more of the following ways:
Donations (Collections at Thornden School at every Saturday rehearsal leading up to Easter from 15th March onwards)
- in-date food-items for luxury hamper raffle
- unwanted gifts for tombola
- baskets, wrapping paper, ribbons and bows
- auction items for auction of promises – could include ‘days out’, ‘meal vouchers’, local services etc.
Volunteer to help
- there will be a short planning meeting with free coffee and cake on Saturday 15th March at 10.45am (Thornden School) for any parents who are willing to help out with the Bryanston fundraising
- we urgently need more of you to come forward… we need new ideas and this is a great way to get more involved
- if you are keen to help in any way but can’t make the meeting, please email us at:“email@example.com”
2. New Dresses for HCYO and CYO
Following a very successful fundraising campaign by one of our former parents, I am also delighted to announce that we have been working with a Hampshire-based supplier on replacing the entire stock of dresses. The order has now been confirmed and we look forward to seeing the girls wearing the new dresses very shortly. We are aiming to have the dresses ready for collection at Thornden School on Saturday 29th March 2014 ready for Bryanston the following week but will confirm arrangements nearer the time. The current blue dresses will need to be returned as we hope to find a buyer for them… if you have any ideas or would like to help turn the old dresses into much-needed cash, do let us know.
3. HCYO Newsletter
Following a successful planning meeting earlier this month, the friends hope to see a revival of the HCYO newsletter in a format which can be printed as hard copy or saved electronically as PDF. If you are interested in coming forward to help out with future newsletters (2 issues per year, spring and autumn), we would love to hear from you.
Many thanks for your ongoing support… it really does make a difference